Early Years Practitioner Level 3
Would you like to work for one of the leading East Midlands Childcare companies?
Serendipity’s are a well established nursery chain with over 20 years experience where we promise to care about each child with the same love and support they receive at home.
Do you want a progressive career in childcare?
At Serendipity’s we care about our staff and their career aspirations, we aim to train all staff to an exceptional standard whilst understanding your training needs.
We have an exciting opportunities for a full time, qualified and experienced Early Years Practitioner to join our vibrant and family owned nursery in Bingham.
We are seeking a full time, qualified and experienced Early Years Practitioner to work at our Outstanding Bingham Nursery.
We are looking for individuals who takes real pride in their work and is highly committed to providing the highest quality of care and bringing the best out their team. You will be responsible for making sure that all children remain safe and that their welfare is promoted. You will also take on the role of key person for a group of children, and, through effective observations, assessment and planning, supporting their rapid progress towards the Early Learning Goals.
Our nurseries have an excellent reputation for offering high quality care and education for children from 6 weeks old and you will be responsible for ensuring that this continues. We offer excellent on-going training and progression and you will be part of a team who are really dedicated to their work within early years.
- You must hold a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification (NVQ 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development)
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of caring for children aged 0-5
- An understanding of how children learn, and the early learning goals
- A passion to provide high quality childcare
- A positive approach to your own professional development
- Good written and verbal skills - for report writing, maintaining written records and sharing information with parents and colleagues.
- An ability to plan and prepare exciting and challenging activities for individual children and for groups of children; to promote their learning
- Excellent communication skills; with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confidence, commitment, enthusiasm and warmth - ensuring the children get the best care and start to their early learning
- Putting the needs of nursery before your own
- An ability to work as part of a team
We are committed to safeguarding children and because of the nature of this post, it is subject to an enhanced DBS check. The post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the Act.
Serendipitys are one of the EastMidlands leading childcare companies. We are totally committed to providing exceptional care that helps young children to develop and give parents peace of mind and essential support.
We are looking for an experienced Nursery Cook to work ideally 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday but will welcome part time hours/ days. Previous experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
You must be able to cook home cooked meals for approx 25 to 35 children. You will need to be able to work independently using good initiative, following our carefully devised menus. Maintaining food hygiene standards in the kitchen is essential and you must also enjoy cooking with children.
Food Hygiene certificate would be ideal.
Subject to satisfactory References and DBS checks.
We are committed to safeguarding children and because of the nature of this post, it is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. The post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the Act.